Friday, November 16, 2007

So...what have I been doing..

With all of this time off. Absolutely nothing! As in, no running shoes, no bathingsuits, no sunscreen (I went through about 4-5 bottles of sunscreen during Ironman training), no sweating and finally....no having to carry extra snacks around in fear of being stranded without food options!

I did make a minor exception to the exercise rule last weekend during my parents 1/2 marathon, when I got on my pathetic excuse for a road bike and rode 15 miles cheering on my parents. I was more sore during these 15 miles than on my triathlon bike for 112 miles. My road bike is so uncomfortable..I need a new fit I suppose?

TODAY: As in: November 16, 2007 --I began what I like to call "normal people exercise"..what I consider what a normal, average person just keeping in shape during their work week would do. I swam for 30 minutes. It was great...I had a lot of fun, plopping in the pool, swimming and kicking and then getting OUT of the water at 30 minutes, I didn't have to convince myself to swim for a long time like I used to in Ironman training. It was perfect...until I forgot my BRAND new bathingsuit at the pool........so I had to drive back to get it.

Tomorrow....I plan on sleeping in. To a whopping 8:30 a.m. i'm sure. I had a friend who just did Florida like me--email to see if I wanted to ride tomorrow at 8:30 a.m. Is she KIDDING? I JUST did this whole, "every weekend, 8:30 training" shit for like MONTHS. Can I *just* get through November without having to make a weekend riding plan?? Thanks!

Not to mention this is the first weekend in 3 weeks we haven't traveled, had guests or had to race, or train =0. I would like to run for 30 minutes, but my coach has requested that I stop every 10 minutes to walk. This kills me. On the one hand, I need to recover still. On the other hand, i'm kind of like our cocker spaniel, smelling left over ribs in our garbage can...I MISS TRAINING and I just want to go faster!

I am SO BORED!

No comments: