Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Up and at 'em....

Today's recap. One of these days i'm going to take a grammar class so I can learn the proper use of apostrophe's.....I can' t seem to figure the "s's" out. Anyway.....

5:45 a.m.-woke up, ate a banana, drove to masters....and swam =0. And ya know what? I was swimming with the barely-understandable French swim coach barking instructions....it was early, it was cold and....I liked it.

Crap, when did that happen? When did I turn into a "morning-swimmer-person?".

Well, I like the idea that i'm avoiding sunburn by swimming in the morning. Because, well, my friend Lauren can fill you in on my purple skin I received from laying out in Key West, FL my senior year of college on Spring Break. Or, last year at Wildflower when I decided Kinesis would be a good idea..(not). I have permanent tan lines on my back from cycling jersey's and bathing suits that shifted during exercise. So, if swimming in the a.m. keeps my cancer at bay, i'm happy with that. Also, I like that since I typically have two workouts a day, that this gets one "out of the way."

Tonight I had an awesome track workout--I did a 3 mile warm up and then we had a 5x1000 (2 1/2 lap repeats). My numbers fell like this:
1000-4:11
2000-4:12
3000-4:12
4000-4:13
5000-4:12

I think it's somewhere in the 6:45-6:50 pace per mile. Right, see, I didn't actually try to *do* a mile at that pace, but let's not crush my party right now =0. I'll take what I can get for now. My legs and lungs felt great!!

I don't know what's going on with me, enjoying early morning swims and enjoying track?? I think it's because my training is a little more varied this year and i'm swimming in a new pool and doing different types of runs and rides, so it's more interesting.

Tomorrow is a 90 minute turbo ride either inside or out.....and a transition run. Hmmm, can anyone guess if i'll be riding my trainer or riding outside? If you guessed outside you guessed correctly!! =0

No comments: