Soren this morning looking at the snow!
1. Which T train to take that has no steps to get on with a stroller..thanks to my friend Donna. She likes to give me a hard time, sometimes I drive to the gym which is at the END of my street....so, i'm trying to take the T more. I actually take the T or walk quite a bit (I don't think i've filled my gas tank since early December?), but sometimes I just feel like driving!
2. Flip up my windshield wipers so they don't freeze in the "down" position....little things you learn while living in cold weather without a garage.
3. Realizing that i'm really in the city when I can't take the grocery cart out to my car.....they don't allow it, so I leave my groceries and the store puts them on a conveyer belt and some dude in a garage down below puts them in my car for me.....never know if I need to tip, so I always do and they seem gracious.
4. Not all jackets are created equal. Enough said.
5. I've learned to carry up my perishable groceries and leave the others in the car to bring up later, or have Dave bring up....can't carry all of it up three flights with Soren who now insists on "walking" up the stairs...patience is a virtue, correct?
6. That no matter what people say, the Mexican food here just doesn't even come close and i've been polite and i've said "Ohhh, it was great"..when really, all I want is Mama Testa's or Sombrero from San Diego.
7. I don't mind having the Charles River to look at instead of the ocean....it was gorgeous the other night from the Science Museum, looking out at the river...peaceful!
8. I genuinely missed the cold and snow while living in San Diego.
9. I've loved getting to know new people and having little buddies for Soren that are so close by to our house!
10. I'm more adaptable to change than I thought, or that I give myself credit for...