Thursday, August 30, 2007

Getting in what I can

Yesterday was a frustrating day for me--I managed to get out of work, but I knew I wouldn't fit in my entire workout which was a 3.5 hour ride/30-45 minute run. I managed to get in a 2.5 hour ride which was 40 miles and then I was supposed to run, and I was going to --except I arrived back at my car to find it had been keyed on one side. To make a long story short, a woman who lives at the park in her car had been screaming at me when I pulled into my parking space to get started on my ride...I didn't speak or look in her direction, but I could see out of the corner of my eye that she was glaring at me. It was obvious that she was coping with some mental health issues and I knew she lived in her car which was was parked directly in front of mine. Anyway, I left for my ride and came back to my keyed car. Honestly, it's a car, it's a "thing" in life, however, I REALLY REALLY love my car, so I was fuming that someone would do that. There wasn't anyone else around at the time, so I can't be 100% sure it was her, but i'm pretty sure. Anyway, I was so worked up and I was already short for time, and I needed to write down her plate number, so by the time I processed all that, I was out of time for my run. As it turns out, we can just buff out the key mark and move on....that woman has her own issues and nothing good for her would result from me reporting it anyway..truthfully, I don't even think she was in a state of mind to know or understand what she did, if it was her....so, moving on!

Today i'm finally wiped out--my cold has progressed a bit and i'm supposed to ride for 5 hours on Saturday and do a run. I have a race next weekend, a Half Ironman in Santa Cruz (up near Monterey)...so I decided today, to take today off, and do my 2 hour run tomorrow. I really need to rest my head a bit, I haven't been sleeping well. In order to make sure i'm in better shape for my weekend workouts, I need some R&R.....and it's hard because the guilt of not training, or missing a day irritates me, but I am pretty good at reading my body and I know today just isn't going to work. I'll keep you posted with hopefully a happier post tomorrow. Sorry for the gloominess......i'll perk up tomorrow! Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the key mark can be buffed out! your car is really a beauty!! you are doing so great, keep up the good work!! keep writing and i'll keep reading!!
love you! cole