Friday, November 23, 2007

Thankful....

So, we all know Thanksgiving was yesterday and most people have been blogging about what/who they are thankful for--so I can't be the exception to the rule. I have had an incredible year with much to be thankful for. I guess i'll list them so I don't forget anything. And, so this doesn't turn into one long paragraph like the other posts.

1. I am thankful for my husband Dave, it has been a mix of a year for us-he was deployed for four months at the beginning of the year, and since his return, he has qualified for the Boston Marathon, begun his residency in anesthesia and has been my unwavering support system in Ironman training....
2. I am thankful that Dave got his residency in anesthesia after waiting an additional year-- and had to endure another deployment before residency began.
3. I am thankful to my older sister, Dawn who let me and one of my dogs to live with her in Colorado for 4 months while Dave was deployed (I should mention that she also has three children and two dogs!).
5. I am thankful for my middle sister, Trinette who allowed me to leave my other dog with her in Denver while I stayed in Broomfield with Dawn.
6. I am thankful for my parents----who flew to Florida to support me in Ironman and for never telling me I was "crazy," but, instead telling me I was "incredible." Thanks mom and Dad---you always have motivation for me.
7. I am thankful for all my friends who have supported me this year, through the deployment and encouraging me through Ironman.
8. On a triathlon note: I am thankful to my amazing coach, and friend, Amanda Lovato! Without her support, there is no doubt, I may not be an Ironman....and I look forward to what next year brings!

Well, now i'm stumped! Many other things to be thankful for that include having a roof over my head, food on the table...but, I didn't want to get too long winded, so let's just say i'm thankful for "the usual and then some."

----Oh yeah, and I got in that 40 minute run yesterday (with just a teensy bit of sprinting in the middle) =0.

No comments: