Sunday, November 7, 2010

Weekend recap!

Yesterday Dave was on call, so that means he leaves at 530 a.m. and doesn't/didn't get home until today, Sunday around 8:00 a.m....the cool thing about my gym is that they have daycare on the weekends, phewph!  I made it to the gym in time for the spin class...but the sitter at the gym was late. No big deal, but I *was* sort of like "man, now i'm missing the warm up".  Did the class and then while I was spinning I was doing the math in my head, "hmm, I didn't really do a one-hour spin class, I should add something on". Why? I don't really know why, I just wanted to add more on to my work out.  So, I decided to turn my workout into a brick, and I just ran a mile off the treadmill. I know, sounds ridiculous, only a mile, but it was fun--I had worked hard in the spin class so I had plenty of soreness to shake out on the treadmill!

I picked up Soren and we came home, he took a nap and then we walked over to Children's hospital where Dave is working and had some "dessert" (code for M&M's with him) and came home...simple day and I  was hoping it would leave me sleepy.

Not so, I don't know why i'm not sleeping well, and it doesn't help that Dave had left on Soren's sound machine and I thought it was truly "cars driving by" when really it was the sound machine, so it set off the vibration on the alarm under my pillow repeatedly..always a fun thing, to be trying to fall asleep and your pillow is repeatedly vibrating. Not. So, then finally at 4:00 a.m. I put on my hearing aid and slept a little bit.  Needless to say the 11:00 spin class I wanted to attend, didn't happen, and Dave came home and hung out with Soren and this mama took a nap!

Each day is always different, last week, I missed an entire week of working out because Soren was so sick and honestly, I was so worried and tired, I didn't even miss the gym!

This week, my goal is to run 6 miles everyday this week and do weights-one of those days being OUTSIDE along the Charles River, which is what I love doing when Dave has the day off, get out early, get a long run in outside since I can't do that too often due to Dave's hours...i'm also thinking of going swimming on Thursday as well!

Time to go chow on some awesome Indian food...the benefits of living in a city, never a shortage of tasty places to order from!

2 comments:

ADC said...

Glad all is well over there and you are back to blogging. Yay!!!

GoBigGreen said...

Hey good to hear from you:)
At least when rich is on call he just gets paged at insane hours but he is home. Hope soren is over whatever bug he had too!